chevy forums   chevy forums

Go Back   Chevy Forums > Chevy Forums - Cars > Chevy Aveo Forum

Notices

Chevy Aveo Forum Discussions regarding the Chevrolet Aveo

Chevy Forum: chevy aveo

Old 05-24-2015, 03:24 PM

Default chevy aveo

My 2009 chevy aveo is getting looked at by its 3rd mechanic today . I've had issues with this vehicle since I purchased it brand new. The problem is more often than not it stumbles,sputters,acts like it's going to stall then suddenly jerks back and I'm on my way down the road until it happens again,over and over and over.it's almost like the car runs out of gas midway in motion. The previous mechanics said no codes popped up to show any issues so there wasn't anything they could do but give me back the car. I'm afraid to go to the local market in town town to buy milk cuz I'm not sure I will be able to get there or be able to get back home. So unless this shop its at now comes up with a solution as to why it's runs so poorly I think the best remedy is to bring it down to the waters edge push it in and create an artificial reef for the fish. At least they would be able to use it

Old 05-24-2015, 06:07 PM
Administrator

Default Re: chevy aveo

if you have no check engine light, when is the last time you changed the fuel filter?
Have any of the shops checked for service bulletins, there appear to be a number of them convering your car and poor running?
Old 05-24-2015, 07:47 PM

Thanks for your reply...never had the fuel filter changed. No mechanic mentioned that as a possible cause. Matter of fact they gave me no possible causes for this issue. Those mechanics are chevy dealer mechanics. The car is now at a local car repair shop. Those bulletins you mentioned..where can I locate them? Is the fuel filter something I can do myself? The thing is I don't want to drop a bunch of $$$ on fixing something that turns out not to be the problem. I have no problem spending the $$ if it fixes the issue
Old 05-25-2015, 09:50 AM
Administrator

Any shop that has access to the Alldata service can look them up. Unless you have the proper tools let the shop change the fuel filter . Without codes and observing the symptoms it is no surprise it is hard to diagnosis. You make no mention of how many miles are on the car or whether you have followed the basic maintenance recommendations found in your owners manual concerning such things as fuel filter, air filter, spark plugs, etc.
Old 05-25-2015, 02:00 PM

The car has 60,000 miles...basic maintenance has always been done on the vehicle...not sure when a fuel filter needed to be looked at..I find it hard to believe a fuel filter needs to be changed before 60000 miles. Like I said if that was 100% the problem I would have no problem letting them fix it. But seeins as no-one will promise me that that is the problem, the chances of that cars odometer turning to 60,001 while I still have it is zero!
Old 05-25-2015, 05:42 PM
Administrator

all it takes is one gas station with a load of junk in there tank and you need a new fuel filter. Check with the shop if they looked up service bulletins.
Old 05-28-2015, 08:20 PM

Was told its the throttle body. Needs to be replaced.$$$$$$$!looks like it's sea bed bound!
Old 05-29-2015, 10:11 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by haddit View Post
Was told its the throttle body. Needs to be replaced.$$$$$$$!looks like it's sea bed bound!
Sorry to hear about all the trouble. Hopefully the new throttle body gets it running well again. Please let us know how it goes...

Get your next Chevy for the lowest price possible! Go to TrueCar.com first!
Old 06-01-2015, 06:30 PM

Had the throttle body replaced on Saturday( my wife's call) (not mine) at a cost of $632.00 guess what? It went back in the shop today for the same problem!!!!the only reason it didn't go back in the shop on sunday it was because they are closed on Sundays......boy oh boy do I regret that day I walked onto that chevy dealers lot in 09