chevy forums   chevy forums

Go Back   Chevy Forums > Chevy Forums - Cars > Chevy Aveo Forum

Notices

Chevy Aveo Forum Discussions regarding the Chevrolet Aveo

Chevy Forum: Axle

Old 02-18-2012, 10:43 AM

Default Axle

Just wondering how common it is that the rear tire axle needs replaced on the Aveo? I have a 2007 with a little over 36,000 miles and just found out I have to have the axle replaced. Looked for recalls on this and seen Chevy is having trouble with 2011 trucks but nothing for the Aveo. Think I bought my last Chevy.

Old 02-21-2012, 10:35 AM

Default Re: Axle

All those views and not one reply?? Just wanted to update!! I sent Chevy an email about it. Turns out it is still under warranty and they are going to pay for it. So......I guess if anyone else is having problems, get a hold of Chevy, you may be covered too.
Old 10-25-2012, 07:06 PM

i too have a 2007 aveo with 26000 miles. axle is toast bushings gone, metal to metal. and the back end is shifting 1 inch every time i turn left or right. it has ruined my shocks which i have replaced. thats when i found out about the axle. car is out of warranty. talking to chevy now...........see what they do. will post when i get an answer. should be a recall. i think this is a safty issue
Old 10-26-2012, 11:37 AM

You guys should contact the NHTSA about this and see if there's a recall. I agree it's a safety issue and regardless of mileage, should be covered by GM. And since you already paid for new shocks, spraydude, I'd ask to be reimbursed for those. Had this not happened, you would not have needed to replace the shocks.
Old 10-30-2012, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spraydude View Post
i too have a 2007 aveo with 26000 miles. axle is toast bushings gone, metal to metal. and the back end is shifting 1 inch every time i turn left or right. it has ruined my shocks which i have replaced. thats when i found out about the axle. car is out of warranty. talking to chevy now...........see what they do. will post when i get an answer. should be a recall. i think this is a safty issue
Spraydude,

I would be happy to look and see if you have a recall on your vehicle. Please PM me your VIN.

Thank you,

Tina
Chevrolet Customer Service