chevy forums   chevy forums

Go Back   Chevy Forums > Chevy Forums - Trucks, SUVs and Crossovers > Chevy Suburban Forum

Notices

Chevy Suburban Forum Discussions regarding the Chevrolet Suburban

Chevy Forum: 2010 Suburban 4X4 Airbag

Old 07-02-2017, 08:45 PM

Default Re: 2010 Suburban 4X4 Airbag

Just an update:
Found a company that will "reset" the SDM module that is causing all the trouble. Just have to remove it, mail it to them and they reset it with same vin number. 40.00 plus shipping.
Worth a try instead of a new one from GM at almost 350.00 plus programming plus installation.
Will keep you posted.
JW

Old 07-03-2017, 10:28 AM
Administrator

how did you go from a bad seat sensor to the SDM being the cause?
Old 07-03-2017, 07:02 PM

I returned for another opinion and discovered the SDM is not in communication with the system, therefore the seat sensor or belt sensor or airbag sensor could all be bad or not bad. Must restore Comm first to find out.
I figured about 30 minutes of my time and 40.00 is worth a shot.
Old 08-12-2017, 11:34 AM

Discovered the SDM module is under the console, so I will have to remove it to get the unit out. The two units under the passenger seat are not involved. They are the "yaw" control and the "park assist" modules.
So much for a quick fix, removing console is a little more invoved, just hope I do not have to remove the seats to access two screws that are on the bottom sides next to the seats. I can remove the cup holder and tray it sits in and see the module but can not get to the mounting screws.

Just an update as I promised
Old 08-12-2017, 05:23 PM
Administrator

thanks for the update, let us know how it works out for you