chevy forums   chevy forums

Go Back   Chevy Forums > Chevy Forums - Cars > Chevy Cavalier Forum

Chevy Cavalier Forum Discussions regarding the Chevrolet Cavalier

Chevy Forum: 1990 Cavalier OEM Transmission

Old 05-09-2019, 10:54 AM

Default 1990 Cavalier OEM Transmission

I am needing to replace my manual transmission in my 1990 Cavalier. I have found one through AutoZone as well as on ebay, but I was hoping to be able to find a part number or model number to be able to search in case there is one that is labeled as fitting a similar model car like the sunfire that has similar parts. Does anyone know the stock model number of the manual transmission that was in the 1990 Cavalier? I know it is a MK7. I have attached an image of the only label I saw on the transmission when I had it out of the vehicle while we replaced the engine. Thank you for all of your help!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180127_213350.jpg
Views:	2
Size:	100.9 KB
ID:	452  

Old 05-09-2019, 12:38 PM
Administrator

Default Re: 1990 Cavalier OEM Transmission

gm only lists the part number for the discontinued 5 speed 94331978. A salvage yard would have a Hollander Interchange guide to determine what other J body vehicle has the same transmission among these Cadillac Cimarron, Buick Skyhawk, Oldsmobile Firenza, and Pontiac J2000/2000/Sunbird.
Old 05-09-2019, 12:55 PM

Default Re: 1990 Cavalier OEM Transmission

Zora, Thank you so much for letting me know. I will check with a local salvage yard to see.