chevy forums   chevy forums

Go Back   Chevy Forums > Chevy Forums - Cars > Chevy Monte Carlo Forum

Chevy Monte Carlo Forum Discussions regarding the Chevrolet Monte Carlo

Chevy Forum: Will a 1970 chevy Nova "350 turbo transmition" fit in my 1987 Chevy Monte Carlo?

Old 10-30-2009, 09:18 AM

Default Will a 1970 chevy Nova "350 turbo transmition" fit in my 1987 Chevy Monte Carlo?

He has a kickdown cable or passing gear that connects to caberator..but I have TBI so will this transmition fit and work properly ?
I wish I had the 700r4.I have the th200r and its not shifting properly and I have a cam in the engine so its not putting out what I know my car can do
what am I suppose to do about that Cable that connects to the caberator..I dnt have a caberaor..So what do I hook it up to

can it be done? yes should it be done? no
you can try tech lines at jegs.com or summitracing.com

but you r going from an electronic to manual set up no overdrive on the th 350...gona be big pain in but getting it hooked up for a dinosaur tranny.

rebuild the correct tranny

It will fit and will be an easy install. But not by a guy who has to ask.

it'll fit in the trunk
Old 10-30-2009, 09:21 AM

Yes it will. However you will need to include the transmission kick down cable for the transmission to work correctly.

But personally I would keep the 200R4 that it currently has. It is a superior transmission to the outdated Turbohydromatic 350.

If you have a significant amount of engine performance upgrades I would consider a 700R4. This is a more modern version of the turbo 400 except that it is electronically shifted and has overdrive.