chevy forums   chevy forums

Go Back   Chevy Forums > Chevy Forums - Cars > Chevy Cobalt Forum

Notices

Chevy Cobalt Forum Discussions regarding the Chevrolet Cobalt

Chevy Forum: How can I clean the seats in my Chevy Cobalt?

Old 09-05-2009, 02:50 AM

Default How can I clean the seats in my Chevy Cobalt?

The seats are light grey and even the smallest drop of water leaves a water mark. I am afraid to use a typical upholstery cleaner because of the fact that any water or fluid of any type makes it look worse. Has anyone had any luck cleaning these seats? If you have any advice on how and what to use, I would love the advice. Thank you in advance. - Mindy
I have no idea why that person was so nasty to me. I don't even know him, not that it matters. That's the mentality sometimes I guess. It's okay. I don't entertain those types of responses.

Thanks for the advice guys. I will definitely try it this afternoon.

Old 04-07-2013, 09:48 AM

Default Re: How can I clean the seats in my Chevy Cobalt?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindy View Post
The seats are light grey and even the smallest drop of water leaves a water mark. I am afraid to use a typical upholstery cleaner because of the fact that any water or fluid of any type makes it look worse. Has anyone had any luck cleaning these seats? If you have any advice on how and what to use, I would love the advice. Thank you in advance. - Mindy
I have no idea why that person was so nasty to me. I don't even know him, not that it matters. That's the mentality sometimes I guess. It's okay. I don't entertain those types of responses.

Thanks for the advice guys. I will definitely try it this afternoon.
Hello guys I am just making use of this old thread to get carpet cleaning answers. Can we typical upholstery cleaners to clean carpets or there are some special products to do the job. Waiting for good answers.
Old 04-08-2013, 11:42 AM
Administrator

You can use carpet cleaner but it is always best to test them in a small area, maybe under a seat, to make sure the dye doesnt run. Look what your local auto parts store carries.
Old 07-06-2013, 01:36 AM

I do turtle wax carpet cleaner with a short bristle stiff brush(scrub it in) then shop vacc it out. than apply a fabric seal so liquid rolls off.
Old 05-08-2014, 03:54 PM

My 05 Cobalt has the light beige interior.....I didn't pick the color, I'm just stuck with it...But it needs cleaned all the time. The arm rests are the worst then the seats.

Typical upholstery cleaners work fine but like said, so do most carpet cleaners. They also have a deodorizer in them.

A spray bottle with the mix in it or the spray foam upholstery cleaner put on rubbed in with a clean damp towel or in real dirty conditions a soft bristle brush.

Use a wet towel to rub on the upholstery then a dry towel to soak up as much water as you can then let it dry. I put a fan inside the car in a garage and is always dry the next morning AND the beige is lookin' good and smellin' good.