chevy forums   chevy forums

Go Back   Chevy Forums > Chevy Forums - Trucks, SUVs and Crossovers > Chevy Silverado Forum

Chevy Silverado Forum Discussions regarding the Chevrolet Silverado

Chevy Forum: Injured 2017 Silverado Z71 Build Project

Old 09-08-2017, 10:03 PM

Default Re: Injured 2017 Silverado Z71 Build Project

Quote:
Originally Posted by zora View Post
that high speed replay makes it look like a snap to do. About how long did it really take you to remove and then reinstall the cover?
I dont think anybody would notice that seam being repaired, really nice job and the price was quite reasonable.
that was a real bummer how they thought you would except that door, hopefully you got your money back.
seat cover removal and install took about 1 hour or so, and yes finally got the money back for the damaged door and get to keep it, they never responded so ebay just refunded the money lol... now gotta find someone who might need a front door with a dent lol

Old 09-08-2017, 10:13 PM

The black door and black fender have arrived. Took a while but found them in black in great shape. These are straight from the factory with some defects here and there, they were also painted at the factory. These are surplus panels, meaning they were never installed on the truck because of some defect, such as a ding, a scratch, or a paint run, could be anything that doesnt pass inspection. I list all most costs in the description section to keep track of all of my costs so you guys have an idea of how much im paying for things and how much total so far.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BK4e0yJc348

Old 09-09-2017, 10:38 AM
Administrator

great score on the door and fender, saved lots of money on them being already painted.
Old 09-11-2017, 02:18 PM

Quote:
great score on the door and fender, saved lots of money on them being already painted.
i was so happy to find them, even paying extra for freight is well worth it, i have a black door on the way and found a black rocker panel donor truck, doing vid of that now
Old 09-11-2017, 02:52 PM

Got lucky and one of my friends bought a rolled over Sierra Duramax, He bought a cab from canada that he will use so he doesnt need this one, so he let me cut off the bottom rocker panel, it awesome that its in black also. I never did this a huge chop job because so i wasnt sure how long it would take, but gotta do what i gotta do, broke a bunch of cutting blades, but i need this section for my truck so gotta get it done !!!

https://youtu.be/_gBRja3FkuE

Old 09-13-2017, 01:30 AM

After breaking a bunch of blades, i couldnt finish the chop job, had to pick up better blades and come back to finish the cut because i had to run to work and had to drop off truck and the rocker panel at the frame shop for them to fit it in perfectly.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_7YMObQ8KWA

Old 09-15-2017, 03:09 AM

Have been getting lots of questions about how much I got it for and how much will cost to fix. Decided to make a list of things I have done and purchased so far. Got lucky and found 4 major panels painted already factory black. Fender, doors and rocker panel. -
Here is the cost so far:
-
•Truck $16,800
•Auction fee: $700
•Dealer fee: $150
•Towing $500
•Upper control arm $60
•Front Axle $100
•New tire and mount $300
•Smog test $50
•Brake and light inspect $40
•Truck scales $10
•Alignment $50
•Seat air bag $235
•Seat belts x2 $150
•Different Wheels/Tires $100
•Seat cover repair $50
•Fender black $350
•Rear door black $350
•Freight cost $100
•Rocker panel $200
•Front door $350
•Freight cost $150
•Rocker panel install $750
•Roof airbags $1,100
•Sold wheels - $1,600
-
Current Total: $21,045
-
I sold the fuel wheels that came with the truck for $1,600 so that puts me at Total of $21,045. I don't need to buy anything else major at the moment, feel really blessed with this truck. Once it's 100% completed I'll start doing upgrades to the truck to make it exactly how i have it pictured in my mind.

Feel free to follow me on Instagram if you like
http://www.instagram.com/fixitnickt
Old 09-15-2017, 09:47 AM
Administrator

I could tell it was taking a lot of time to get that section off by the fact that the camera was running out of daylight. It's great you can find a body shop willing to work with a DIY project. Did you leave the truck at the shop for a couple of days, I see the $750 price which depending on the hourly rate could be 10 hours of labor?
Old 09-18-2017, 10:32 PM

Quote:
I could tell it was taking a lot of time to get that section off by the fact that the camera was running out of daylight. It's great you can find a body shop willing to work with a DIY project. Did you leave the truck at the shop for a couple of days, I see the $750 price which depending on the hourly rate could be 10 hours of labor?
yup know a guy who i would rather pay and let him do something that he does daily, rather than me trying to guess the best way to do it haha. Had to leave it for 2 days, picked it up on the 3rd, he did a great job, i could not have done better thats for sure.
Old 09-18-2017, 10:34 PM

The rocker panel that i cut off another black silverado has been installed, thus allowing me to put on new fender and new doors, finally its looking really good and exciting.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=paxeDHC5wOM