chevy forums   chevy forums
Go Back   Chevy Forums > Chevy Forums - Trucks, SUVs and Crossovers > Chevy Tahoe Forum

Chevy Tahoe Forum Discussions regarding the Chevrolet Tahoe

Chevy Forum: 2003 chevy tahoe stuck in 4 wheel high

Old 02-21-2011, 07:53 PM

Default 2003 chevy tahoe stuck in 4 wheel high

Last summer I replaced the transmission in my 2003 tahoe while pulling the old trans the neutral switch broke and the plug on the wire harness was destroyed. I spliced in a new plug ,replaced and adjusted the neutral switch and all was well. Well almost when the truck gets wet the 4wd goes haywire and wont shift into 4wd or goes in and wont shift out. Recently all the lights were stuck on and the truck was in 4wd high. It was stuck in gear until the fuse blew under the hood. Now when I replace the fuse it wont come out of 4wd till I pull the fuse so I can drive in 2wd. Is it possible that the wires are getting wet causing the problems ? Im lost . Thanks for any help

Old 04-25-2011, 03:23 PM

Default Re: 2003 chevy tahoe stuck in 4 wheel high

I have an 05 Tahoe 5.3L 4WD, that began dropping into 4Hi by itself while driving. After much back and forth with the Dealer with multiple supposed fixes and software updates, they fixed it. Not clear on what they did exactly, as I'm not sure even they know, but I do recall them saying fluid dripping on the the transfer case control module and switch is known to short out and cause 4WD to engage by itself. Although they told me my transfer case wasn't leaking fluid. Said the fix was replacing the module and switch.