chevy forums   chevy forums

Go Back   Chevy Forums > Chevy Forums - Cars > Chevy Cobalt Forum

Chevy Cobalt Forum Discussions regarding the Chevrolet Cobalt

Chevy Forum: The locks on my 06 Chevy Cobalt lock and unlock by itself, why?

Old 10-27-2010, 02:41 PM

Default The locks on my 06 Chevy Cobalt lock and unlock by itself, why?

The automatic locker doesnt seem to want to work. and while im driving or have the car parked, the locks unlock and lock themselves continuously, im not sure why? could this be an electrical problem or something, it recently had a new battery placed into it, not sure if that has anything to do with it. also, the lock windows botton doesnt work anymore, i put it so that it will lock the windows but they still go down. its very irritating, hearing the locks constantly lock and unlock while driving can someone please help.

Also, the car seems to have like a sputter comeing from the exhuast, like a put put put type of sound. why?

Old 05-12-2011, 09:45 AM

Default Re: The locks on my 06 Chevy Cobalt lock and unlock by itself, why?

My car has been having very similar issues. I haven't fixed it yet but I am going to be taking out the fuse for the power locks. This will ensure that they do not lock or unlock by any automatic means (pushing key fob buttons lock buttons or parking/putting it in gear) it will only be manual. I plan to look into taking the door panels of and the shifter out and checking the switch boards and cleaning them up a bit.

Last edited by AnalagousSound; 05-12-2011 at 09:57 AM.