chevy forums   chevy forums
Go Back   Chevy Forums > Chevy Forums - Cars > Chevy Nova Forum

Chevy Nova Forum Discussions regarding the Chevrolet Discussions regarding the Chevrolet Nova

Chevy Forum: how much is my 1986 chevy nova worth?

Old 07-10-2010, 01:58 PM

Default how much is my 1986 chevy nova worth?

i am the second owner of a 1986 chevrolet nova. it had 10,000 miles when i started at the beginning of the summer and now has 13,400. and honestly, i was totally astounded when i heard the mileage i couldn't believe it, but it's true. there is no body damage, maybe about 3 inches total of rust on the whole body, and it's inspection is up to day, i drive it everyday etc., etc. and kelly blue book won't allow me to search before 1990 for used car value so idk how else to find out. please help, thanks.
Old 07-10-2010, 02:17 PM

Absolutely nothing. My stepson had a 1985, and it was the most useless piece of crap I've ever seen. The doors wouldn't unlock, and the transmission got totally puked after he hit a pothole in it.
I'd rather have a '76 Dodge Aspen.
Old 07-10-2010, 02:23 PM

Your car is not going to be worth much even with the extreme low mileage and good body. You would be doing good if you could get $800-$1000 for the car. The Chevy's with the most value and desirability for the 86 model year would be IROC & Z/28 Camaro's, Monte Carlo SS, and Corvette's. If your Nova was a 1974 and earlier model it would be worth a considerable amount of money. Check "Old Cars Price Guide" for the current market value on your Nova. You can find this magazine at any newsstand or bookstore.