chevy forums   chevy forums
Go Back   Chevy Forums > Chevy Forums - Trucks, SUVs and Crossovers > Chevy Silverado Forum

Chevy Silverado Forum Discussions regarding the Chevrolet Silverado

Chevy Forum: 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4x4. it has a 6.0L with a 4L80E. Iím having

Old 02-12-2010, 12:46 AM

Default 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4x4. it has a 6.0L with a 4L80E. Iím having

transmission trouble.? Hi, My name is Robert. I have a 2002 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD 4x4. it has a 6.0L with a 4L80E. Iím having transmission trouble.Hereís whatís happened. itís been slowly getting worse. The truck would take a long time to go into gear like it was slipping. Eventually, it stopped going into gear altogether. You could put it any gear and the motor would just rev. if you let it set for a day it would go into gear and you could drive for about 3 minutes and then if you stopped or slowed down, then the motor would just rev and you went no where. I was told my torque converter went bad, so I replaced that. it did nothing, truck did the same thing. i was then told it might be the pump. I didnít have a pressure gage so i was told if I take off one of the cooler lines at the radiator trans fluid should come out with the truck running. nothing. so i took the pump apart and there was a build up of fine metal blocking a channel. the pump also has some wear under the gears that rotate in the pump. I cleaned it all up, put it together and my trucked moved again for about three minutes and the then same bullshit. I donít know what it is, seems like something between the tc and the pump, but iím out of ideas, please help!