chevy forums   chevy forums

Go Back   Chevy Forums > Chevy Forums - Cars > Chevy Malibu Forum

Chevy Malibu Forum Discussions regarding the Chevrolet Malibu

Chevy Forum: 2000 chevy malibu wont start?

Old 01-16-2010, 10:44 PM

Default 2000 chevy malibu wont start?

i have a 2000 chevy malibu that will not startt, it has been running ok but it does has a coolant leek so i usually have to put coolant in it, then one day i went to start and it would not crank the lights and radio would come on but it would not crank, and the break pedal seemed like it locked, A coulple of days later i tried to start it by pressing down on the breaks and pumping the gas and it started fine so i i turned it off and started it agin and it worked, then the next day i could not get it to start. a couple days later i tried again by pumping on the gas and it started and i drove it around it ran fine but then a tried to start it again after i turned it off and it wouldnt start...

i lost my keys like a week befor this started happeing and had to have one made by the dealership so i dont know if that has something to do with it, when i found my origianl keys about 3 weeks after my car first would not start the first time i tried to start my car with those and it worked the first two times i started but wont anymore,

someone told me it is the starter but their is no clicking nose the car just seems like it is trying to start when i pump on the gas but wont most of the time, i read about the anit thift system but my light comes on but does not flash and is only on when the key is on the on and acc postion once i turn it all the way over it goes off even though the car will not start