chevy forums   chevy forums
Go Back   Chevy Forums > Chevy Forums - Trucks, SUVs and Crossovers > Chevy Avalanche Forum

Chevy Avalanche Forum Discussions regarding the Chevrolet Avalanche

Chevy Forum: how many miles can a chevrolet avalanche go until complete breakdown, if you

Old 10-11-2010, 06:34 PM

Default how many miles can a chevrolet avalanche go until complete breakdown, if you

take really good care of it? I want to buy a used chevrolet avalanche soon, but my mom wants me to buy a brand new one. They are way expensive but she says you can only get 100,000 miles out of an avalanche. Is this true? help i need way more information about how many miles i can get out of the truck.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:29 AM

Default Re: how many miles can a chevrolet avalanche go until complete breakdown, if you

i would say yes you can get over that in mileage if u take care of it plus u never have to worry about the timing belt since it has a chain. just depends on how you treat it like any other truck they have their set backs but their fun and look good
Old 01-13-2013, 10:37 PM

Default Re: how many miles can a chevrolet avalanche go until complete breakdown, if you

I've got 138,000miles on my 2004. It's still going strong.
Old 01-14-2013, 09:45 AM

It all depends on how well the previous owner took care of it. If they did all of the regular maintenance along with some preventive stuff, there's no reason a vehicle shouldn't last for 200 to 300,000 miles nowadays. I have a 99 Dodge Grand Caravan that is rapidly approaching 200,000 and still runs like a top and gets around 23mpg. Buy the used one if it looks like it's been taken care of and keep the extra money you'll save off to the side for any unseen repairs that may be needed.
Old 04-30-2013, 08:51 AM

Ive got an '06 with about 73,000 on the odo, and still running strong. Like everyone has said, it all depends on how the pervious owner took care of it!